1. The inevitability of death and how our short lifespans render us largely unable to make meaningful impact on the universe we inhabit.
2. That in the face of a largely uncaring and hostile-to-life universe, that people would take issue over something as fucking trivial as the color of someone else’s skin or what imaginary friend that they choose to embrace.
3. When you get into the shower, particularly after a camping trip or some similar dirty function, and spend the time getting yourself spotlessly clean and feeling human, only to get out of the shower, dry off, and then realize you have to poop.
4. Grilled cheese sandwiches made with wheat bread.
5. I am still not in possession of my fatbike. And holy shit, it’s Friday and it’s snowing and I am not going to be out playing in the snow on my new bike this weekend and it’s not fair and whiiiiiiiiine. Okay, my soul’s not hurting that bad. Maybe just a little bit.
1 thought on “Five Things That Hurt My Soul Something Fierce”
I HATE it when I have to poop right after a shower. Any shower. Mega pet peeve.